This is where Indy’s smart, savvy and sensible moms shop.
Expect to find brand name items in excellent condition from: Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, Stride Rite, Crewcuts, GAP, Children’s Place, Matilda Jane, Tea, Crazy 8, Baby Lulu, Polo Ralph Lauren, Mini Boden, Pea in the Pod, Carter’s, The Children’s Place, Peg Perego, Pottery Barn Kids, Maclaren, Joovy, Graco, Bugaboo, Fisher Price, Leapfrog, Step 2, Wii, Nintendo, boutique brands and more! See sale SCHEDULE.
Payment and Policy:
- Cash, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
- Indiana sales tax will be applied to all purchases.
- All sales are final. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check that items are satisfactory prior to purchase. It is the intent of Whale of a Sale (not a guarantee) to offer only non-recalled items, items in working condition and that pass CPSC safety guidelines. We are not liable in any way for items purchased at the sale.
- Consignors, Volunteers and Vendors receive passes to the exclusive Private Pre-Sale event on Wednesday.
- There are a limited number of $10 passes and New Moms/Grandparents Pre-Sale passes available for the Friends Pre-Sale event on Thursday. The City Moms members and Facebook fans may also shop the “Friends” Pre-Sale. See details and register HERE.
Items to Expect:
- Children’s Clothing- Newborn to Teen
- Fall Sale- Fall/Winter Clothing
- Spring Sale- Spring/Summer Clothes
- Shoes and accessories in great condition
- Maternity Clothing
- Toys, Games, Puzzles, Books and DVDs
- Equipment including high chairs, pack and plays, swings, strollers, exersaucers, bouncy chairs, jumpers, pack and plays
- Diaper Bags
- Upscale Handbags
- Indoor and Outdoor Play Equipment, Bikes and Ride-ons
- Nursery/Baby items including monitors, bathtubs and diaper pails
- Sporting Goods
- Furniture including beds, dressers, rocking chairs and changing tables
- Bedding and Decor
- Seasonal items including Halloween costumes, Easter outfits
Items NOT Being Sold:
- Cribs due to recent mass recalls
- Car Seats (liability issues)
- Any item with stains, odors, tears, smoke, etc.
- Stuffed Animals (unless electronic or new with tags)
- Potty Chairs and Diaper Pails unless brand new
- Unrelated to children and maternity
- Recalled items (check www.cpsc.gov)
While you shop:
- Personal items, such as strollers or diaper bags will be tagged to identify them as your property upon your entry to the sale.
- Items with a hold ticket may be held for one hour.
- Whale of a Sale does not own the merchandise being sold and asks that items are not “played with” by your children until purchased.
“Unbelievably organized and easy to find items for your child’s specific age and gender.”– Holly “I just wanted to let you know what a GREAT time I had at Whale of a Sale! The volunteers were all so gracious and helpful, the space was planned out very well, and the entire experience was very enjoyable!” –Kim “The best Indianapolis baby and kids consignment sale ever! Outstanding prices and upscale name brands that are close to brand new and many NEW clothes and toys too. If you have kids and live in the Indy area, this is a must go to event!” –Laura “This grandmom always shops Whale of a Sale’s events! Each time it gets bigger, better and nicer! Definitely worth the drive and I highly recommend. Good vendor shopping too! -Rosanne “Can’t wait to find some great deals for my baby girl! This is the perfect sale to find boutique clothing at a great price! I always look forward to Whale of a Sale. “ -Mandy “This sale gets bigger and better each time. Good selection of upscale to “regular” brands.” –Sara