Volunteer at Whale of a Sale
Spring 2019 shifts opening Friday, Jan 25th. Join our fun and fantastic team! Earn more, shop first and work with a fantastic group of people.
Consignors may sign up for a volunteer shift through their account and and will receive the benefits highlighted below. Log into your account, go to “Activities Menu”, then select “Volunteer to Work”.
Non-Consignors are also invited to volunteer in exchange for two private-pre-sale passes and can register on our SIGN UP GENIUS website.
Volunteer Benefits for Consignors
- Volunteers are exclusively invited to shop the Private Pre-Sale FIRST!
- $15 seller fee is refunded to consignor earnings for first 4 hour shift worked.
- Volunteers working 2 shifts receive 65% of their total sales.
- Volunteers working 3 shifts receive 70% of their total sales.
- Volunteers working 4 shifts receive a maximum 75% of their total sales.
***There will be a $25 no-show fee deducted from consignor earnings if a volunteer fails to work their shift. We count on every single position, so please be confident you can work your shift prior to signing up***
- Consignor Check-in/Item Inspection
- Floor Operations
- Checkout Operations
- Customer Service
- Please consider volunteering a male and you will receive the same credit (sign up under your account and email to let us know). “Manpower” help is always appreciated for set-up and tear down shifts in particular.
More Volunteer Opportunities
The “Super Volunteer” roles are reserved for truly dedicated volunteers who are interested in a leadership role with the sale. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about available roles and the amazing benefits. If you have a retail background, we’d especially love to hear from you!