Gather Your Items
In order to keep shoppers coming back each season, we offer quality items that are in season and in great condition. We are NOT a garage sale or thrift store. Please do not try to sell items that have stains, tear, excessive wear, smoke or musty smells, missing pieces, ripped, out of date, etc. Natural light is best when examining your items.
Children’s clothing limit is 150 pieces in an effort to increase quality over quantity.
FIVE pieces of your best maternity wear accepted.
The minimum dollar amount of an item is $3. We suggest grouping items together such as books, hair accessories, and other appropriate pieces.
In-Demand: women’s activewear, XBox/Wii, and similar electronics
Whale of a Sale accepts cribs manufactured on or after June 28, 2011. Cribs manufactured before June 28, 2011, may be consigned if the consignor provides a certificate of compliance from the crib manufacturer. Cribs that are unacceptable, for any reason, cannot be sold as toddler beds.
Kids decor now accepted to include canvas pictures, baskets, lamps, rugs, and shelving. NO bedding or glass items unless NEW in the package. Pottery Barn Kids, Land of Nod, Garnet Hill, Serena & Lily and similar lines encouraged.
High Demand Items: Bikes, Tricycles, Scooters, Kitchens, Dollhouses, Ride-on Toys
Books, DVDs, Games, Puzzles, and Crafts
Stuffed Animals – ONLY those that do something (move, music, talk with working batteries)
Sports Equipment and Accessories:
- Biking: Bikes (Kid and Adult), Bike Racks, Helmets, Cycling Accessories, Child Seats and Trailers
- Outdoor Fun: Skateboards, Rollerblades, Roller Skates, Scooters, Tricycles, Kayaks, Skis, Life Jackets, Pool Rafts and Floats
- Equipment: Cleats, Balls, Helmets, Bats, Tennis Rackets, Lacrosse and Hockey Sticks, Practice Nets, T-Ball Stands, Gloves, Shin Guards for all Sports
- Exercise Equipment: Ellipticals, Treadmills, Weights, DVDs, Bands, Bosu, Mats, Game tables: Foosball, Ping Pong, and Air Hockey
- ADULT SIZED rackets, skis, skates, helmets, bikes, etc. are accepted!
Newborn to Kids Size 16 and Teen XS-XL. Limit of 150 total children’s hanging items per consignor.
- IN-DEMAND BRANDS: Gymboree, Gap, Janie & Jack, Boden, Hanna Andersson, Lands End, Crewcuts, Tea, Matilda Jane, Under Armour, Nike, Boden, The North Face, Patagonia, Persnickety, Mud Pie and similar brands sold at Nordstrom, Von Maur, Saks and local boutiques.
- ACCEPTED BRANDS: Adidas, Abercrombie, Calvin Klein, Carters, Cherokee, Children’s Place, Circo, Champion, Crazy Eight, Justice, Jumping Beans, Kirkland, Naartjie, Nautica, Old Navy, Osh Kosh, Rare Editions and similar brands from department stores and Target.
- UNACCEPTED BRANDS: Arizona, Athletic Works, Faded Glory, Garanimals, George, Gerber, Hanes, Healthtex, Kid Connection, Nickelodeon, Okie Dokie, Route 66, Small Wonders, Wonder Kids and similar brands from Walmart, KMart and discount stores unless brand new with tags because of their already affordable prices and low chance of selling a second time around.
Spring Sale: Spring/Summer clothing: shorts, sundresses, polos, Easter dresses, light coats Fall Sale: Fall/Winter clothing: Sweaters, Coats, Holiday wear
Accepted Year Round: Bathing Suits, Jeans, long sleeved tees, khaki pants and layering pieces, Costumes, Dress-up Clothing and Dancewear Shoes: In excellent condition Socks and Underwear: If brand new in packaging. Cloth diapers: If brand new or excellent condition: clean, laundered and bleached.
Juniors/Teen Clothing: Limited to 20 pieces per consignor. Suggested brands include Abercrombie & Fitch, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Delia’s, GAP, Juicy Couture, Justice, Wet Seal and similar brands. Adult clothing or discount store clothing will not be permitted. Must be a teen brand and sized XS, S, M, L, XL.
Women’s Activewear Clothing: VERY POPULAR! Suggested brands in current and excellent condition are Lululemon, Athleta, Lucy, Nike, Under Armour, Gap Body. Please size in XS, S, M, L, XL. Women’s tennis clothing and equipment is also accepted since the sale takes place at Grand Park Events Center.
Matilda Jane Clothing
Equipment (HIGH DEMAND)
Strollers – single and double umbrellas, joggers high chairs, exersaucers, swings, bouncy chairs tables, baby carriers
Indoor and Outdoor Play (HIGH DEMAND)
Bikes, tricycles, play kitchens, water tables, slid houses, ride-on cars and jeeps, pool toys, life jackets
Quality Baby and Kids Furniture
Changing tables, gliders, dressers, toddler beds NO CRIBS due to recent mass recalls. If your crib converts to a bed, it is acceptable and you’ll be asked to set it up as a toddler bed.
Baby and Nursery Items (HIGH DEMAND)
Boppy pillows, Bumbos (with recall kit), monitors, slings
Designer Handbags and Diaper Bags
We are unable to accept
- Items with stains, odors, tears, smoke or excessive wear. Our screeners will notice! Please save everyone time.
- Clothing items from discount stores to include brands of George, Garanimals, Faded Glory, Small Wonders and Basic Editions. These items are in low demand and will be rejected. Because of their low retail prices, items from these stores have a low chance of selling the second time around. All Carter’s brands and Circo are accepted.
- Vacation or camp type T-shirts and sweatshirts. Must be name brand.
- Car Seats due to liability issues
- Breast Pumps, Kids Potties, Toilets Seats or Diaper Pails unless BRAND NEW
- Underwear and Undergarments unless brand new
- Pacifiers unless brand new
- FEEDING: Bottles, Plates Utensils
- Onesies unless brand new with tags, with an outfit, or it is a thicker piece worn as a top (not a thin layering piece)
- Socks or underwear unless brand new in packaging
- Burp rags unless brand new
- Receiving blankets unless new in the package or in excellent condition on a hanger (no Ziploc bags please)
- Battery operated items without batteries
- Happy Meal Toys
- Dirty toys, furniture, or equipment
- Items that have been recalled – please check here or www.cpsc.gov prior to bringing items
- Unrelated to children and maternity